Prepping for the installation of my new shop heater. Got it installed hanging from the ceiling with threaded rods and removed the sheathing and insulation to provide better access to the exterior wall and electrical panel.
So as I suspected the jointer blades were not parallel to the table. The blades (at least one) were higher toward the outside of the jointer bed causing the creation of a trapezoidal workpiece when jointing the first face. I thought that I had been pretty careful when I installed the new knives but I didn’t realize that they were moving when I tightened the locking nuts. I went over each one tonight and made sure they were parallel and dead even with the outfeed table. I jointer a sample and it came out perfect. Time to get back to making drawers tomorrow.
When I made a drawer on Sunday I noticed the jointer was creating boards that were thicker on one side. I believe the knives are not parallel to the table so I’m going to have to make some adjustments before the next drawer.
Moved my site from Squarespace to Bluehost strictly based on cost and friends recommendations. This was a great move for me because it really motivated me to actually do something with my site and Weebly and WordPress plugins really made it easy.